The Psychogeriatric Nurses Association is proud to present this years 25th Annual Conference 2021 together with RANZCP’s Faculty of Psychiatry of Old Age.
Date: November 4 – 6 2021
Where: Fairmont Resort & Spa, Leura, Blue Mountains NSW
Details: New Horizons of Ageing
Call For Abstracts
Abstract submissions open: to be advised
Abstract submissions close: to be advised
Notification to authors: to be advised
Author acceptance of offer: to be advised
Author registration deadline: to be advised
Download the abstracts template here.
PGNA members qualify for highly discounted tickets.
Collaboration working in Older People’s Mental Health, Aged and Dementia Care
Friday, 13th September 2019 in Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Where: Innovation Campus – University of Wollongong, iC Central, Building 230, Level 2, Squires Way, North Wollongong (Download detailed Campus Map)
Opening Address by Dr. Suzanne Packer AM – 2019 Senior Australian of the Year
Keynote Speaker Professor Maria Fiatarone Singh, Geriatrician
Speakers and Topics:
- Catherine Brown, Nurse Practitioner (Psychogeriatrics & Cognition), Courage, Cracks and Creative Collaboration
- Danielle Kennedy, Nurse Practitioner (Aged Care), Collaboration: Empowering clinical practice in dementia care
- A/Prof Stephen Macfarlane (Psychogeriatrician, Dementia Support Australia), Too Many Acronyms? Where do they all fit?
- Dr Sid Williams (Psychogeriatrician), “Your Brain in Sickness and in Health – The experience of dementia and other brain disorders”
- Anne Sammut, Residential Services Education Team (Hammond Care), Tribulation or Triumph? Reflections on the Value of Collaborative Practice
- Diane Herr, RN Consultant Consumer / Advocate, Aged & Community Services Australia, Balancing ‘what to do” as opposed to “how to do it”
- Dr Elizabeth Preston, Clinical Psychologist & Eddie Zeballos, Clinical Nurse Consultant OPMHS ILHD, A Suicide Prevention Initiative: A Collaborative Project between Older People’s Mental Health Acute Inpatient and Community Services
- Professor Yun-Hee Jeon, RN, University of Sydney, StepUp for Dementia Research – Connecting the public with dementia researchers and enabling them to be part of the solution
Follow this link for membership information click here.
Membership Registration $110
Non-Member Registration $135
Student Registration $ 45 (please email proof to email@example.com)
We thank our conference sponsors (please follow links to their respective websites):
Public Transport: Wollongong has a free shuttle bus service that goes past the Innovation Campus. Download map of free shuttle bus here. Routes 55A and 55C – both operate the same route in different directions. Exit the bus on corner Squires Way and Puckey Ave (Innovation campus). Bus timetable: runs every 10minutes from 7am to 6pm on weekdays, for detailed timetable go to Premier Coaches Website.
Travel by car: there is only limited free parking available within a short walking distance. The car park is located opposite the conference building and costs $ 16 for the day. Campus Parking Fee website. Download Map here.
Destination Wollongong can also assist with online bookings or by calling the Visitors Centre to discuss options on 4228 0300