To become a member of PGNA, please click on the following link: Become a member or renew your membership here. Or via the link sent in members mail May 2020
If you become a member or renew your membership by 30th June 2020, you will go into the draw to win a full conference registration to the PGNA /RANZCP Conference on 12th 13th 14th November 2020 Go to our events page for more details.
All Members are eligible for:
- Access the MEMBERS ONLY AREA of the PGNA website with access to previous Education presentations and Member Resources and Links
- FREE Education Webinars PGNA hosts.
- Quarterly PGNA Newsletters
Why become a member or continue your membership?
- Stay informed – Keep up with the latest news and activities through:
– the quarterly PGNA Newsletter (which is available online on our website in the Members Login) – Members Discount Registration for the PGNA bi-Annual Conference
Free to members, popular Online Educational Webinars without leaving your office/home and engage at the time or watch the recorded version later.
- Network : Connect with other clinicians working in Older Person’s Mental Health, Gerontology/aged care, allied health and other professionals working across the disciplines and sectors of ageing, through events and activities run by the organisation. We also encourage students or new practitioners to join PGNA.
- Participate and contribute – Present or attend PGNA Conferences and Education events with significant registration discounts and apply for member only scholarships available after 12 months of membership.. There are also opportunities to give your view by surveys that come to PGNA.
- Advocate for change – Contribute to PGNA’s submissions to government, where possible to inform the development of policies and practice affecting older people (particularly with Mental Health issues). Ie. The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety provides a unique opportunity for PGNA to have input into and potentially influence aged care policy moving forward. PGNA has representation on the Coalition of National Nursing and Midwifery Organisations (CoNNMO) and the NSW Health Older Person’s Mental Health Working Group (OPMHWG).
- Engage – Join in one or more of PGNA’s Sub Committees (Education, Conference, other working groups as required). There are plenty of opportunities to connect and collaborate, including working with the committee on various issues such as IT improvements and contributing to the quarterly Newsletters.
- Represent – Present at AAG and Government stakeholder forums and advisory groups.
PGNA Membership and Associate Membership Fees:
- Full Voting Membership – The current annual fee is $50. This is available to any person who is a registered or enrolled nurse primarily engaged in, or with an interest in, psychogeriatric nursing.
- Associate Non-Voting Membership – The current annual fee is $30. This is available to any allied health professional or other health care worker who has an interest in Old Age Psychiatry. Associate members are not eligible for Scholarships.
- Life Membership – There is no annual fee. We request life members to update their membership on a yearly basis through the membership portal. The Executive Committee may from time to time confer life membership upon any Full Voting members who have, by their efforts, consistently promoted the interests and progression of the Association.
- The annual fee covers the calendar year from 1st July to 30th June in the next calendar year.