To become a member of PGNA, please click on the following link: Become a member or renew your membership here.
If you become a member or renew your membership by 30th June 2019, you will go into the draw to win a full conference registration to the PGNA Conference on 13th September 2019. Go to our events page for more details.
Why become a member or continue your membership?
- Stay informed – Keep up with the latest news and activities through:
– the quarterly PGNA Newsletter (which is available online on our website pgna.org.au http://pgna.org.au/publications/)
– the PGNA bi-Annual Conference
– our popular Online Educational Session Webinars (free to members) without leaving your office/home and engage at the time or watch the recorded version later.
- Network : Connect with other clinicians working in Older Person’s Mental Health, aged care, health, allied health and other professionals working across the disciplines and sectors of ageing, through events and activities run by the organisation. We also encourage students or new practitioners to join PGNA.
- Participate – Present or attend PGNA Conferences and Education events with significant registration discounts and apply for member only scholarships.
- Advocate for change – Contribute to PGNA’s submissions to government, where possible to inform the development of policies and practice affecting older people (particularly with Mental Health problems). Ie. The Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety provides a unique opportunity for PGNA to have input into and potentially influence aged care policy moving forward. PGNA has representation on the Coalition of National Nursing and Midwifery Organisations (CoNNMO) and the NSW Health Older Person’s Mental Health Working Group (OPMHWG).
- Engage – Join in one or more of PGNA’s Sub Committees (Education, Conference, other working parties as required). There are plenty of opportunities to connect and collaborate, including working with the committee on various issues such as IT improvements and contributing to the quarterly Newsletters.
- Represent – Present at AAG and Government stakeholder forums and advisory groups.
You can be as involved as you want to be in PGNA. It’s up to you. But remember you make a difference just by adding your name to our membership.
To join or renew your membership follow the link at the top of this page.
PGNA Membership and Associate Membership Fees:
- Full Voting Membership – The current annual fee is $50. This is available to any person who is a registered or enrolled nurse primarily engaged in, or with an interest in, psychogeriatric nursing. (PGNA Constitution & Rules 2.1)
- Associate Non-Voting Membership – The current annual fee is $30. This is available to any other health care worker or professional person who has an interest in psychogeriatric nursing. (PGNA Constitution & Rules 2.2)
- Life Membership – There is no annual fee. We ask life members to update their membership on a yearly basis. The Executive Committee may from time to time confer life membership upon Class 1 members who have, by their efforts, consistently promoted the interests and progression of the Association. (PGNA Constitution & Rules 2.3)
- The annual fee covers the calendar year from 1st July to 30th June in the next calendar year.