The Psychogeriatric Nurses Association is proud to present this years Bi-Annual Conference
Collaboration working in Older People’s Mental Health, Aged and Dementia Care
Friday, 13th September 2019 in Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Where: Innovation Campus – University of Wollongong, iC Central, Building 230, Level 2, Squires Way, North Wollongong (Download detailed Campus Map)
Opening Address by Dr. Suzanne Packer AM – 2019 Senior Australian of the Year
Keynote Speaker Professor Maria Fiatarone Singh, Geriatrician
Speakers and Topics:
- Catherine Brown, Nurse Practitioner (Psychogeriatrics & Cognition), Courage, Cracks and Creative Collaboration
- Danielle Kennedy, Nurse Practitioner (Aged Care), Collaboration: Empowering clinical practice in dementia care
- A/Prof Stephen Macfarlane (Psychogeriatrician, Dementia Support Australia), Too Many Acronyms? Where do they all fit?
- Dr Sid Williams (Psychogeriatrician), “Your Brain in Sickness and in Health – The experience of dementia and other brain disorders”
- Anne Sammut, Residential Services Education Team (Hammond Care), Tribulation or Triumph? Reflections on the Value of Collaborative Practice
- Diane Herr, RN Consultant Consumer / Advocate, Aged & Community Services Australia, Balancing ‘what to do” as opposed to “how to do it”
- Dr Elizabeth Preston, Clinical Psychologist & Eddie Zeballos, Clinical Nurse Consultant OPMHS ILHD, A Suicide Prevention Initiative: A Collaborative Project between Older People’s Mental Health Acute Inpatient and Community Services
- Professor Yun-Hee Jeon, RN, University of Sydney, StepUp for Dementia Research – Connecting the public with dementia researchers and enabling them to be part of the solution
Follow this link for membership information click here.
Membership Registration $110
Non-Member Registration $135
Student Registration $ 45 (please email proof to email@example.com)
We thank our conference sponsors (please follow links to their respective websites):
Public Transport: Wollongong has a free shuttle bus service that goes past the Innovation Campus. Download map of free shuttle bus here. Routes 55A and 55C – both operate the same route in different directions. Exit the bus on corner Squires Way and Puckey Ave (Innovation campus). Bus timetable: runs every 10minutes from 7am to 6pm on weekdays, for detailed timetable go to Premier Coaches Website.
Travel by car: there is only limited free parking available within a short walking distance. The car park is located opposite the conference building and costs $ 16 for the day. Campus Parking Fee website. Download Map here.
Destination Wollongong can also assist with online bookings or by calling the Visitors Centre to discuss options on 4228 0300